Dear Tree Family,
We are hopeful that The Adventure Park will have a green light from the county to reopen soon. Our tentative reopening is now planned for June 13th. That may shift, depending on actions by the county or the Governor.
Over the past weeks and months, we have worked tirelessly with others in the U.S. Adventure Park industry to identify Covid related best practices for parks operating in 2020. With re-opening, we are taking several concrete steps to mitigate risk to our guests and staff.
SANITIZATION OF COURSE & EQUIPMENT:
While the cleanliness of our outdoor space and equipment has always been a priority, we will be increasing our cleaning practices to keep the climbing experience enhance the safety for everyone.
These additional measures include:
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning common areas (check-in area, restrooms, harnessing/de-harnessing).
- Using antibacterial and antimicrobial cleaning solutions on our metal climbing clips & zip-trolleys before they enter circulation.
- Installation of additional hand-sanitizing stations throughout the Park for for guests and staff.
- Installation of several hand washing stations.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer.
We no longer provide ‘loaner’ gloves. Gloves can be purchased as part of the reservation process. You are also welcome to bring your own. Simple gardening gloves are fine.
OPERATIONAL PROCEDURES TO ENCOURAGE EFFECTIVE SOCIAL DISTANCING:
These procedures will allow for appropriate Social Distancing and limited physical interaction between staff & climbers, as well as, different groups of climbers.
- We will significantly lower the capacity of the park.
- Reservation and start times will be managed to enhance and simplify social distancing by keeping those who book and arrive together as a ‘Climbing Party’ through the check-in, equipment briefing, practice lines and Main platform.
- Staff will direct and monitor groups throughout the course to ensure appropriate space is kept between climbers. We will still allow up to a maximum of 3 climbers on the platforms at one time, but they MUST be from the SAME Climbing Party. This does not mean you have to climb as a group, just that you may not share a platform with anyone who is not in your Climbing Party.
- At times an Adventure Park staff member may need to get closer than 6 feet to a guest to provide assistance and ensure safety. These staff members will wear gloves, a face mask, plastic safety glasses and/or a plastic face shield. Staff will wear appropriate PPE at all times.
- Masks – All Guests (including spectators) will be required to bring & wear a Face Mask during check-in, harnessing, practice lines & the main platform and other times when people are unable to maintain a safe 6ft social distance
- All staff will be screened with COVID exposure questions prior to the start of their shift.
- Any staff who exhibits symptoms of illness, will be sent home.
- Staff will be provided a face mask at all times while in the workplace.
- Employees should maintain 6 feet and practice social distancing as work duties permit.
- Staff will clean and disinfect all common areas and shared equipment.
- At times a Adventure Park staff member may need to get closer than 6 feet to a guest to provide assistance and ensure safety. These staff members will wear gloves, a face mask, plastic safety glasses and/or a plastic face shield. Staff will wear appropriate PPE at all times.
Our park is run by a family. For years you have trusted the safety and wellbeing of your family with ours. We want everyone to feel safe enjoying nature. It’s our goal to make that happen, but we will need everyone’s help to do it. Please be patient and understanding.
The Adventure Park Management Team
I need your help. I take my responsibility as a business owner seriously. The policies and practices I put in place are not just for your benefit. They honor my commitment to The Adventure Park Staff to provide a workplace which is as safe as possible during these challenging times. We need your help to provide the safest experience for everyone. Guests who are unwilling to help me honor those safety commitments will not be welcome at The Adventure Park.
I look forward to seeing you In The Trees!