- Our trails are intentionally designed for self-discovery, making guides unnecessary compared to many other trails that are offered elsewhere throughout the world. While our hope is that both adults and children can explore together, we do have a limited number of guides for hire.
- Guides are familiar with all trails. Since our trails are designed for “self-discovery,” Guides are not intended as instructors, nor can they provide rescues. Rather, guides provide some added “Aerial” supervision. For some individuals it is just more fun to climb with another person.
- Guides can provide an added level of supervision for children on trails that only require adult supervision from the ground.
- Guides can accompany an adult (or group of adults) that would feel more comfortable climbing with someone more familiar with the courses.
- Guides can provide access to trails that are rated “with adult” for that age category if there are no guardians in the trails with your child.
What trails can be used with a guide?
Climbing in the park with a guide does not change what trails you are allowed to use. Please see the General FAQ for more information on what courses are open to which age groups and what kind of supervision is required.
What is the cost of a guide?
Guides are available to experience the course with you for $44 per hour. Consistent with supervision rules, no more than 4 guests will be assigned to a guide.
Are reservations needed for a guide?
Reservations for guides are required. If you would like to hire a guide for you or your guests, please contact us at (240) 389-4386 at least 10 days in advance, and we will do our best to accommodate your request based on availability. Guide reservations require payments in advance.