Overview: Park Monitors are responsible for ensuring the safety and well-being of all park guests. Additionally, it is the duty of the park monitors to ensure each guest has an enjoyable experience.
- Monitors ensure proper harnessing and deliver safety briefings to guests
- Monitors observe guests’ participation in park activities, ensuring safe and proper equipment use
- Monitors provide assistance to guests participating in activities
- Monitors perform daily activity and equipment inspections
- Monitors greet guests and provide general park information
- Monitors assist in guest service operations including ticket sales and retail operations
- Monitors continuously assesses park equipment
- Monitors assist with park special events
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be comfortable working at heights up to 65 feet
- Attention to detail and a dedication to safety
- Possess a friendly disposition and professional demeanor
- Comfortable outdoors in all weather conditions
- Have regular availability; including weekend and weekday availability
- Full season commitment prefered
- Competently learn skills presented in training and on the job in a timely manner
- Strong communication skills with a kind, patient approach to working with people
- Comfortable with public speaking and providing regular presentations to groups of up to 30 people multiple times per day
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Reliable transportation
- Previous work experience preferred
- Climbing experience preferred, but not required
- Preferred backgrounds: travel/tourism, service industry, customer service, outdoor adventure activities, education, fire/EMT/rescue, zipline or challenge course industries
Schedule: Part-time and full-time positions are available. Candidates should have a flexible schedule with both weekday, evening and weekend availability. Season runs from March 12 through November. Candidates that are available for the full season are highly preferred, and will be considered first for any winter, off-season hours available. Candidates interested in Summer-only positions must be available for the full summer season.
Salary: This position is paid hourly and comes with a lot of great perks, like free climbing admissions, staff lunches, events and more! We are a growing company with a lot of opportunity for advancement for the right person with the right stuff!
Please email [email protected] with a resume, 2 references, and a cover letter to apply. Please specify which position you are applying for in the subject line. Thanks!