Overview: Park Monitors are the eyes and ears of the park. Their primary responsibility is to ensure the safety and well-being of all of the parks guests as well as provide assistance and guidance where needed. It is the duty of the park monitors to ensure that each guest has an enjoyable and provide a memorable guest experience.
● Monitors are responsible for greeting guests and providing general park information and direction
● Responsible for providing a great guest experience as well as delivering instructional
safety briefings and gear demonstrations
● Monitors observe and assist guests as they maneuver throughout the park and the
attractions, ensuring that guests are using equipment properly and safely
● Monitors perform assists and provide verbal guidance to guests on the courses, as needed
● Monitors ensure guests are comfortably and competently able to access age/skill
● Monitors perform daily course inspections and equipment checks
● Monitors assist in guest experience operations, including cashiering, retail stocking and
● Monitors assist with park grounds and course maintenance, as needed
● Monitors are responsible for checking, processing and maintaining park equipment
● Monitors are responsible for assisting in park programs, such as teaching classes and
event coordination, as needed
● Must be comfortable working at heights up to 65 feet and be able to lift 50 pounds● Must have attention to detail and an extreme dedication to safety
● Park monitor must possess a friendly disposition and professional demeanor at all times
● Must have a passion for working outdoors and be able to handle all weather conditions
● Must be have regular weekend availability; ideal candidates will also have flexible
weekday availability and be able to commit to the full season
● Must be reliable with strong work ethic and personal integrity
● Monitors must be able to quickly and competently pick up new skill sets both in training
and on the job while maintaining the highest quality standards of performance
● Must have strong communication skills and a kind, patient approach to working with
● Must have excellent presentation skills, comfortable with public speaking and providing
● Must be positive person with a good attitude—smiles are a must!
● Candidates should have some work experience
● Climbing experience preferred, but not required
● Candidates with background/experience in one or more of the following areas are
preferred: travel/tourism, service industry, customer service, outdoor adventure activities,
education, fire/EMT/rescue, rope access construction, arboriculture, zipline or challenge
course industries, and/or general maintenance/construction
This is a full-time, seasonal position. Candidates should have a flexible schedule with
both weekday and weekend availability. Season runs from Mid-March through early December.
Candidates that are available for the full season are highly preferred, and will be considered first
for any winter, off-season hours available. Candidates interested in Summer-only positions must
be available for the full summer season, from June 1 through September 2nd , 2018—weekends
Salary: This position is paid hourly and comes with a lot of great perks, like free climbing admissions, staff lunches, events and more! We are a growing company with a lot of opportunity for advancement for the right person with the right stuff!
Please email [email protected] with a resume, 2 references, and a cover letter to apply. Please specify which position you are applying for in the subject line. Thanks!